Where: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full time
Click here to apply in English
Our team is looking for an experienced Regional Language Manager to manage the localization strategy and resources for several Eastern European languages, from our hub in Amsterdam. This highly motivated individual will report into the leadership team based in California and work closely with the rest of the Globalization team in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Provide cultural & linguistic consultancy, localization advocacy, and influence other teams at Netflix (in the US and in region) in order to deliver the best possible user experience to our EE members.
- Gain deep product knowledge and awareness of product data for the EE region and define quality expectations through research and A/B testing.
- Work closely with our vendors’ Language Leads to define and monitor quality standards for each language in your region.
- Develop a language strategy, using localization vendors and freelance resources, by building, training and maintaining translation and review teams for each of the languages/markets supported.
- Define linguistic standards across the whole localized user experience, including supporting the development of style guides, glossaries, tone and voice of Netflix product in the region.
- Work closely with the cross functional Globalization teams to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic and product issues related to your region.
- Provide creative input in adapting content linked to high priority Netflix titles, in close partnership with the regional Marketing teams.
- Focus on regional product initiatives and customizations, increasing the level of engagement with internal and regional stakeholders to create an optimized and consistent local user experience and ecosystem for our international members.
- Facilitate collaboration between internal stakeholders and Vendor Leads and teams, making sure the necessary resources have access to the relevant information, and advising on best course of action regarding localization processes.
- Experience in language or localization resource management.
- Native knowledge of one of the languages they manage is a plus, but not a hard requirement.
- Linguist by training or the ability/experience to identify language patterns and address linguistic issues beyond one language.
- Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills.
- Marketing and PR translation experience, with the right mix of linguistic skills in one of the following languages: Russian (preferred), Polish (preferred), Czech or Hungarian.
- Experience in creative writing and media/journalism a plus.
- Deep understanding of localization specificities and pitfalls.
- Knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in the Eastern European region, and more specifically in Poland, the Czech Republic or Hungary.
- Knowledge of industry CAT tools, as well as translation and terminology tools.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently.