Where: Badhoevedorp, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
Performed in customer’s plants:
- Service and install machines in customer’s plants. Analyze and troubleshoot machine and food processing problems, product preparation issues or packaging problems.
- Instruct customer’s personnel in machine operation and maintenance procedures.
- Evaluate parts failures and submit probable causes to Service Management. Responsible for parts and equipment used on service calls.
- Examine customer’s parts and machinery and recommend requirements for spare parts inventory, including: retrofit packages, preventive maintenance and machinery rebuilding programs.
- Make pre-installation visits, develop machinery and tooling specifications, and obtain Equipment Order Detail (EOD) information to facilitate smooth start-ups of equipment.
- Conduct demo/sales or Provisur equipment in customer’s plants.
- Be part of a Sales & Service team responsible to meet total revenue budget (equipment & aftermarket) for a specific territory. Account Manager will be the team leader.
Performed in the office:
- Follow through on agreements made during customer visits for parts, service, training, etc.
- Troubleshoot machine problems with customers over the telephone.
- Rebuild and repair Provisur equipment.
- Conduct formal training sessions for customer’s personnel.
- Promptly prepare accurate and detailed reports on customer visits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Position requires approximately 80% travel and 20% in the office.
- Middle level technical education (MTS or equivalent).
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Understand electronics and microprocessor controls. Understand hydraulic, electrical and motor control schematics.
- Three years experience servicing, repairing, troubleshooting complex machinery with microprocessor controls. Use electronic and motor control test equipment.
- Basic knowledge of food processing, batching system equipment and food industry terminology.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer contact.
- Fluency in languages including English, German, French and Spanish.
- Works comfortably with personal computers and software such as MS Office.