Where: New York (United States)
Extent of Work: Full Time
Click here to apply in English
* Conduct assessments of children and families referred by the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), schools, other service providers, and those who come in voluntarily seeking services based on a strength-based model.
* Provide individual, family and group counseling to children and families including home visits and escorts to appointments as needed.
* Maintain a regular caseload in accordance with the program’s policies and procedures.
* Implement and integrate the principles and procedures of Solution-Based Casework (SBC): assessment, family and individual level outcomes, action plans and documentation and celebration.
* Actively participate in case consultation, continued SBC training, and the SBC certification process.
* Provide short-term crisis intervention and concrete services including advocacy, outreach and referral for designated caseload, as well as emergencies.
* Facilitate and coordinate appropriate Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) Family Team Conferences using approved ACS conferencing protocols.
* Plan, coordinate and implement groups and social activities for children, parents and families.
* Prepare and maintain FASP documentation, appropriate statistical reports, and casework and group work summaries as needed.
* Maintain appropriate utilization of state and city databases, including Connections and PROMIS, as well as agency databases.
* Participate in program and external meetings, as well as related agency trainings as appropriate.
* Master’s degree required, LMSW preferred.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
* Must be able to work two evenings per week until 8:30 p.m.
* Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
* Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and youth and family development perspective.
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.