Where:Prague (Czech Republic)
Extent of Work: Full time
Click here to apply in English
This position is responsible for completing financial accounting activities for the European region as assigned by the Finance Manager, Central & Eastern Europe (CEE). For an entity (or entities), the role will be primarily responsible for performing financial accounting activities to support the Controller function, these include the preparation of journals, month end processes, balance sheet reconciliations, transactional tax returns, management/cost accounting and data collection to support insurance, statutory and tax filings and audits. Compliance with Brambles policy and procedures, IFRS and local Statutory and Tax requirements is mandatory.
Accounting & Control:For an entity (or entities), performs the end-to-end Record to Report /financial accounting processes, including the monthly close process to BRACS (Brambles accounting system) approval.
- Performs a range of assigned month end close processes
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and preparing balance sheet reconciliations for tax accounts
- Preparation of journals to support the month end process however postings are done by outsourced company Genpact
- Monthly analysis of overheads costs and comparison with budget and last year
- Application of accounting standards and practices in accordance with accounting standards, policy and local country requirements.
- Ensure balance sheet items for assigned accounts are followed up and resolved in a timely basis
- Provides inputs required to report “Actuals” into BRACS
- Liaises with the R2R Service Delivery Manager to co-ordinate the 3rd Party Provider’s assigned scope of work, providing constructive feedback where necessary to improve collective E2E performance.
Statutory Reporting: preparation data to support the preparation of Brambles and local in country statutory accounts for the countries within the region. Providing information needed to internal and external auditorsTax:
- Company Income Tax: preparation of the income tax work papers and supporting documentation for submission to outsourced provider.
- Transactional Taxes: preparation of transactional tax work papers and supporting documentation for submission to outsourced provider, including but not limited to VAT, Withholding taxes, EU sales list etc.
- Insurance: supports the annual Resure data gathering for the countries in the region.
- Reports for Statistical office and National Bank
- Transformation & Standardisation: Supports the standardisation (by implementing) of accounting processes to drive global standard.
What we look for:
Bachelor or Post Graduate degree in Accounting or relevant comparable working experience
- Previous experience (3+ years) with Accounting, GL, TAXes required; IFRS, GL experience desirable
- FLUENT ENGLISH is a must; Romanian or Hungarian will be additional adventage.
- Previous experience in working with a regional finance team associated with geographically diverse businesses desirable
- Sound understanding of, and experience working, with multiple currencies
- SAP knowledge is advantage; Able to operate in a complex environment; Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities